Number of Times I've Hit "Refresh" To Boost The View Count:

Monday, January 28, 2013

So What'cha Want


Who didn't love Dragon Ball Z growing up? Fortunately for me, as a child, I was lucky enough to be exposed (lol) to the series in the correct Dragon Ball-Dragon Ball Z order due to my father's friends and VHS fansubs that they had passed around amongst one another. These were copies of copies of copies of subs recorded off of tv and VCDs so the quality of the images and sounds weren't the best. Even to this day I sometimes spell Goku as "Gokuo" or "Gokuh" just from the sheer habit of watching those tapes so much and it becoming ingrained in my memory.

Also Dragon Ball characters were the first things I tried drawing as kid and are almost solely responsible for me becoming interested in artwork in general.

I don't know if the "Anime Crisis" fansub community still exists but I'd like to thank them for the part they played in this guy's childhood.
.

Post title taken from the album "Check Your Head" by the Beastie Boys.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Rage Grenade,

    You do a really good job coloring. The coloring of your art looks great!

    I was wondering if you had any plans for more Bulma art. You do a good job with her. Maybe pair up young Bulma with Oolong or Master Roshi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've really been working on the coloring aspect of my drawings so that compliment means I'm doing something right, lol

      I do have a couple of Dragon Ball-era Bulma pics laying around that I sketched months ago. If I ever get around to inking them, I'll almost certainly color and post them too. Coincidentally, these two drawings are over a year old now and I've just got around to adding color.

      Off the top pf my head the sketches involved one where Bulma being interrogated by Mai, another is Bulma attempting to get the Dragonball off of Roshi at the beach, and the most recent was a Yamucha, Krillin, Roshi gang-bang on her.

      Delete
    2. Cool. Could you post the sketches?

      Delete
    3. Sure. As soon as I find them I'll post them to my twitpic account.

      Delete
  2. YA GET FUNNY WITH THE MONEY THAT YA FROOOONT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I SAID, "WHERE'D YA GET YA INFORMATION FROM?"

      Delete